Friday, March 26, 2010

The Annoying Tenant

Ok, let me say, I'm not one to complain but I feel sometimes it's necessary to vent. I am dealing with the annoying tenant. This man, I gotta tell you is nothing nice. It all started when I put one of my seller's properties on the market. Now, let me begin by saying my seller is a very nice and reasonable man, so I'm not quite sure how he ended up with the annoying tenant.

So about 2 weeks ago, I listed the home and began showing it. At first the annoying tenant was pleasant, but then he turned nasty. I'm not talking about mildly irritating, I'm talking about down right nasty. I'm a very calm person. I listed to his concerns and I relayed them to my seller. I did however have to back away after spit started flying from his mouth. I wasn't sure if steam was going to start protruding from his ears but I'm sure if it could have, it would. At any rate, things calmed down because we found a buyer who was an investor and he wasn't going to have to move. He was all happy go lucky, until the escrow cancelled. That's when the annoying tenant came back out. So, I just got off the phone with him and told him that we would be putting the house back on the market and that I wouldn't have any showings for the weekend. However, I'd like to show it first thing at the beginning of the next week. That's when the venting came out and that's just how much of an annoying tenant I found him to be.

All be it, when I'm dealing with tenant situations I do believe it's nice to offer the tenant something in return for the inconvenience of having their lives turned upside down for a period of time. After all, they are keeping the investors property tidy. So, is it bad for them to ask for a discount on their rent even though they are 2 months behind? Hmmm... something to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment