Each and every morning I have my very own little adventure. Some may look at it as a type of lunacy but I like to think of it as a scavenger hunt. You see, where I live there is no parking that comes with my unit. I've dealt with it for quite some time now, so, I'm not terribly concerned. After all, I get to have a little adventure every morning when I go to the gym.
OK, I'm going to get a little Sophia Petrillo, from the Golden Girls on you right now. Picture this, 4:30 any weekday morning and you've barely had enough coffee. You get downstairs to the street, it's pitch black and you're looking for your gray car in the dark. That' the little adventure I take every morning. Some days it's quicker than others and I always find my car. However, it got me thinking when looking for a home, what's important to you? Do you want to take a little adventure?
I like many of my clients am in the market for a new home. I'm really ready to take advantage of this market. When I sit down with my clients I always ask them: What are the most important things to you in the home you want to buy? Seems like a simple question, right? Or is it?
You see, when I go over what I'm looking for it changes all the time. I'll see one thing I like but then that will change when I see something else I like, so how does one stay focused? How many little adventures are you willing to have? I've decided I'm going to nail it down to 5 things. My next house must have, a washer and dryer in the unit, parking, hardwood floors, fairly nice size kitchen and just enough outdoor space for me to plat an urban garden.
So, I ask you, what are you looking for when it comes to finding a home? What little adventures are you willing to go on?
Friday, April 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Chris - The "little adventure" question is a truly original, effective and brilliant-in-its-simplicity litmus test for home buyers. THANK YOU for sharing it! I'm sure your neighbor will appreciate that the "neighbors who can't hear my early-morning smoothie making" didn't make the top 5.
ReplyDelete